Watch my free discipline workshop today for more clarity, connection and cooperation
A place where I discuss all things related to toddlers and motherhood!
As a clinical psychologist, published author, and mother to two cheeky young children, I get it. I’ve spent YEARS researching and filtering through the noise online, so you don’t have to.
Toddler and Preschooler night wakings can be HARD. Young children tend to cry longer and harder than infants and are harder to reassure than older kids.
It’s extremely common & it’s usually a stage that will run its course if we give it time (and we’re not inadvertently doing things to reinforce the behavior!).
It can also be so hard to know what to do when your kid climbs into your bed in the middle of the night (oftentimes you don’t even realize it!). How do you get them to sleep in their own bed?!
Well, let’s talk about it!
In this video, I’m going to break down why kids wake up in the middle of the night and how to handle it!
1. Common reasons kids wake up at night
2. Practical tips to do in the moment
3. How to encourage your child to sleep in their OWN bed
4. What to do during the day to prevent night waking
5. My favorite nighttime gadgets
1:10-2:05 Free Positive Parenting Discipline Workshop
2:06-7:00 Top reasons toddlers and preschoolers wake up at night
7:01-10:20 What to do in the moment when your kid wakes up at night
10:21-14:53 The one question to ask your child during the day to prevent night waking
15:11-18:06 My favorite nighttime gadgets
Door Monkey https://amzn.to/3GlAPl3
Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine, Night Light and Time-to-Rise https://amzn.to/3pFT6TW
Night Light https://amzn.to/2ZkFx1g
Summer Slumber Buddies Projection and Melodies Soother https://amzn.to/3mdb3r0
1. Ideal Toddler and Preschooler Bedtime Routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqgFsBzO8E
2. When & How to Nighttime Potty Train? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7GHkbzPvgQ&t=673s
3. FEAR OF DARK + NIGHTMARES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPYBOmYuN4o
4. Tips to Help Kids with Change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBp3MYbIrE8
5. How to Help Your Toddler Adjust to New Baby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHm0tF5gnk
As a clinical psychologist, published author, and mother to three young children, I get it. I’ve spent YEARS researching and filtering through the noise online, so you don’t have to.